KEMRI / University of Washington
Jobs Announcement: Study Clinical Officer or Study Nurse
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) in collaboration with the University of Washington (UW) is conducting research studies in Kenya.
The KEMRI / UW research collaboration is involved in conducting interdisciplinary, setting-specific research aimed at improving the lives of women and children in Kenya.
Specifically, our research strives to understand various infectious diseases afflicting these populations and testing interventions.
We are looking for motivated, committed, and honest staff members to join our team in our research study titled, “Building the evidence base for care of acutely ill, undernourished children in limited resource settings– cohort study”.
The KEMRI/UW team seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced person to fill the following position which will be based at Migori County Referral Hospital:
KEMRI Jobs in Migori County Referral Hospital
Study Clinical Officer or Study Nurse (1)
The Study Clinical Officer or Study Nurse will participate in pediatric research including standard data collection, pediatric history and clinical exams, pediatric phlebotomy and other sample collection.
S/he will be expected to observe good clinical practice in carrying out duties and work as a team with other staff members.
S/he will report to the Study Coordinator or the Medical Coordinator and should be ready to carry out other duties as delegated by the Study Coordinator. Kuria speaker is an added advantage.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery – or – Diploma in Nursing
- Have the necessary registration documents
- Three years of experience working in a Pediatric Clinic or a Pediatric Ward
- Three years of experience conducting Pediatric History and Clinical Exams
- Three years of experience in Pediatric Phlebotomy with blood culture draw [experience in infants and young children is an added advantage]
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ready to work under pressure
- Be a team player
- Flexibility in work schedule and ability to work on the weekend
- Currently reside in or willing to relocate to Migori County
- Exceptional eye for detail
- IMCI training
- Kuria speaker is an added advantage
Terms of Employment: Contract for one year, as per KEMRI Scheme of Service.
The successful candidate shall undergo a three (3) month probationary period for the first three months upon initiation of employment.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE
to fill our online form and then send an application with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full-time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 referees to Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
to reach us by 6th October 2017 at 4.00 p.m.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.