Job Vacancy: Health System Strengthening (HSS) Manager – Nairobi
KANCO is regional membership network of organizations including: Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community Based Organization (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Private Sector, Research and Learning Institutions responding to HIV & AIDS and TB in Kenya.
It is also accredited as a Linking Organization with the International HIV & AIDS Alliance.
Its mission is to provide leadership, promote collaboration and enhance capacity among Civil Society organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders to respond to HIV & AIDS, TB other public Health concerns at community level.
Guided by the vision of healthy people, empowered communities, over time KANCO has evolved to become a premier agency for sensitizing, mobilizing and promoting collaboration among civil society organizations (CSOs) working in the region.
KANCO is recruiting a Health System Strengthening (HSS) Manager who will report to the Community System Strengthening(CSS) Advisor.
S/he will be responsible for the overall implementation and reporting of the GAVI project at the National level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enhancing strong political engagement, improving governance and financial sustainability for immunization outcomes.
- Developing an operational Declaration (or MOU) clarifying roles and responsibilities between national and county levels.
- Build capacity of technical and policy makers to understand and address EPI health sector constraints
- Build capacity of Civil Society Organizations to lobby for immunization within and without the health sector
- Conduct high level advocacy and planning meetings with Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Health, Parliamentarians and the 47 County Assemblies
- Enhancing the knowledge and skills of CHVs, frontline healthcare providers, management teams, professional groups, Expert committees, and development of knowledge sharing platforms/document repository.
- Implementing county specific REC strategy to reduce the number of unvaccinated children and inequities in the 16 focus counties through joint mapping of unreached children and microplanning with communities, support implementation of strategies in the micro plans to reduce inequity.
- Selecting Immunization Champions /Ambassadors grooming; Support for attending functions within the selected counties
- Ensuring there is existence of a strengthened immunisation supply chain and logistics system (iSCL) for availability of quality vaccines and immunization supplies at national and subnational levels .
- Establishing and maintaining a strong immunization data management and information systems for timely decision making at national and subnational level
- Strengthening data quality procedures for routine immunization and gender equity
- Enhancing the capacity (knowledge, skills and practice) of Healthcare providers and managers at national and counties in immunization Data management including analysis and use for decision making.
- Identifying GAVI sub grantees capacity needs in terms of project implementation and developing capacity building plans.
- Supporting the County and Sub-County Health Management Teams (SCHMTs) to strengthen capacity and systems for efficient delivery of essential health services.
- Evaluating the performance of the immunization program and HSS grant in achieving the desired immunization outcomes.
- Developing and submitting quality, accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the donor in accordance with donor guidelines.
Qualifications for the Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Manager
- Master’s Degree in Public Health and Health Sciences
- Degree in Nursing, Public Health
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant, senior-level professional experience managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs in the areas of health policy and administration, health sector development, public health
- Experience in managing donor funded programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders.
- Experience in capacity building government institutions at County and Sub county levels.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV, stating the current and expected salary before 10th October 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email subject should HSS Manager – Nairobi