General Summary and Background: The purpose of the Kenya Supply Chain Systems Strengthening (KSCSS) Activity under the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management project is to address the supply chain and health commodity systems strengthening needs of the family health, malaria and HIV∕ AIDS programs within Kenya.
The VAT/Data Entry Assistant will support the Finance and Accounts team based in the Nairobi office. The position will report to Finance and Accounts Specialist, Nairobi.
KSCSS Data Entry Assistant Job in Kenya
Principal Duties & Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Handle the administrative functions associated with the DA1 process to claim VAT for the KSCSS activity.
- This includes liaising with Finance and accounts team to retrieve back-up documentation/Invoices, preparing the DAI forms in quadruplicate, liaising with the vendor for typing, ensuring the necessary copies are made and ensuring delivery of the DAI forms to USAID.
- Maintain and update VAT tracker on a daily basis.
- Scanning and filing soft copies of financial documents in share point and hard copies in line with finance and office procedures.
- Photocopying, binding documents, and retrieving any necessary back-up documentation to ensure that all accounting and finance files are complete and filed safely.
- Collects, records, deliver (e.g. NSSF & NHIF) and distribute cheques and payments remittance slips to respective vendors.
- Maintain stock records for stationery and supplies for the office, prepare request for replenishment in line with office procedures.
- Undertakes other activities and performs any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Certificate in Administration or other related studies
- Three years professional experience. Experience in processing DA1 forms will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment is a must.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and high levels of professionalism.
- Computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office applications.
- Written and spoken fluency in English required.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org