Job Advertisement: Grants Manager – Kenya Country Office
ChildFund is an international child-centered development organization.
We are a member of the ChildFund Alliance; a global network of 12 organizations that assists more than 15 million children in 58 countries around the world.
We work with partners in communities throughout Asia, Africa, the Americas and the United States to change the underlying conditions that prevent children from achieving their potential in Kenya, ChildFund works through 38 Local Partners (LPs) comprising of 51 Community Based Organizations spread across 26 Counties.
ChildFund Kenya is recruiting for the position of a Grants Manager to be based at the Country Office in Nairobi.
Summary: Reporting to the Programs Director, the successful applicant will be responsible (or providing leadership for grants management, strengthen systems and tools in the areas of grants compliance, administration and reporting as well as build execution capability for strategic grants and contracts while focusing on compliance with organizational and donor policies, procedures and risk mitigation.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities
- Lead the Country Office Grant Management efforts and coordinate the drafting and submission of programmatic and financial reports in collaboration with the relevant staff
- Provide strategic and technical support for monitoring and capacity building of local partners’ grants management and provide technical support where necessary.
- Maintain efficient donor relationships and provide appropriate and timely information on progress of grants to management for decision making.
- Oversee project implementation to meet institutional donor requirements and in accordance with ChildFund, donor, country and international standards
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems and procedures to ensure compliance with donor agreements and contracts.
- Monitor implementation of grants projects to ensure budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations and within the appropriate timeframe
- Manage the preparation and submission of reports to donors and other stake holders and liaise with Local Partners and internal stakeholders to ensure all requirements and deadlines are met, reports are produced to a high standard, comply with guidelines, deadlines, contracts and other donor requirements.
ChildFund Grants Manager NGO Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, business administration, international relations or related discipline
- An advanced degree in a relevant field will be a distinct advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in grants management
- Demonstrated experience in designing and facilitating capacity building program/training, coaching and/or mentoring project staff in the basics of grant management.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimum supervision and with strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of major donors’ requirements, applicable local regulatory and legal requirements.
- Excellent communication, networking, presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
ChildFund is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children.
Interested and eligible candidates should send their applications letters and CV
by Friday, 13th October 2017.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of applicable background and reference checks.
The position is open to Kenya citizens.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted