Background: AECOM is implementing the Somalia TIS+ Project to promote good governance and community cohesion. The objectives of this program are to:
Objective: The Information and Database Officer will be responsible for program information and database management for TIS+.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working closely with the Deputy Chief of Party and relevant Field Coordinators/Program Development Officers, identify provide timely program analysis for improved project management.
- Train staff on tools available within the database to support project management and reporting.
- In coordination with the TIS+ Field Coordinators/Program Development Officers, support data management for the TIS+ PIKA (Activities) database, helping ensure activity files are well drafted and in good order; and financial and M&E data is entered into each activity file in an accurate and timely manner;
- Support periodic report production, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual TIS+ reports, as well as other reporting documents, as required.
- Support information gathering, report writing, report editing and document finalization.
- In coordination with the TIS+ Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer, support management of M&E data and the M&E database, helping ensure data is properly compiled and input into TIS+ systems in a timely manner;
- Under the leadership of the DCOP, responsible for updating the database and maintaining reports files generated from the database such as grant clearance forms, in collaboration with the field coordinators
- Ensures sharing with staff and uploading TIS+ database back end to one source weekly, with links provided to USAID in a timely manner.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in information management, computer science or equivalent
- 3-5 Years’ experience in OTI, DAI or IOM databases
- 3-5 years’ experience with Microsoft Access programming, manipulation, and data entry.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an information management capacity.
- 4 Years’ Experience working on USAID programs preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Somali language skills are a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and proven capacity to work well against tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or with remote team members.
Level of Effort: One year with possible extension for an additional two years
How to Apply