Typical job interview questions: There are many typical job interview questions you will be asked when you go for a job interview. Research and preparation is important to enable you overcome this. The best ways to get ready for a job interview is to practice your responses to all typical job interview questions.
Typical job interview questions
Kenyanjobsite has managed to look and filter many typical job interview questions. This is to help you understand some of the most common interview questions candidates get asked. In case you have a job interview coming soon, practice in front of a mirror or ask a friend or family member to listen to your answers to the following interview questions.
50 typical job interview questions
You should know that because these questions are so common, hiring managers will expect you to be able to answer them smoothly and without hesitation. It’s important to note that you don’t need to memorize an answer, but think about what you’re going to say so you’re not put on the spot during the job interview. Below are the typical job interview questions.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why are you interested in working for [insert company name here]?
- Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten years?
- Why do you want to leave your current company?
- Why was there a gap in your employment between [insert date] and [insert date]?
- What can you offer us that someone else can not?
- What are three things your former manager would like you to improve on?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Are you willing to travel?
- Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
- What is your dream job?
- How did you hear about this position?
- What would you look to accomplish in the first 30 days/60 days/90 days on the job?
- Discuss your resume.
- Discuss your educational background.
- Describe yourself.
- Tell me how you handled a difficult situation.
- Why should we hire you?
- Why are you looking for a new job?
- Would you work holidays/weekends?
- How would you deal with an angry or irate customer?
- What are your salary requirements?
- Give a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a project.
- Who are our competitors?
- What was your biggest failure?
- What motivates you?
- What’s your availability?
- Who’s your mentor?
- Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss.
- How do you handle pressure?
- What is the name of our CEO?
- What are your career goals?
- What gets you up in the morning?
- What would your direct reports say about you?
- What were your bosses’ strengths/weaknesses?
- If I called your boss right now and asked him/her what is an area that you could improve on, what would he/she say?
- Are you a leader or a follower?
- What was the last book you’ve read for fun?
- What are your co-worker pet peeves?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your favorite website?
- What makes you uncomfortable?
- What are some of your leadership experiences?
- How would you fire someone?
- What do you like the most and least about working in this industry?
- Would you work 40+ hours a week?
- What questions haven’t I asked you?
- What questions do you have for me?
We are glad you went through our comprehensive typical job interview questions. We wish you luck during your job interview.